Welcome to our brand new site! We’ve been hard at work in 2016 creating brand new menus and sprucing up our old menus to bring summer 2017 in with a bang. We hope that you’ll find what you’re looking for here. Meanwhile we’ll be posting a few recipes and updates on what we’re doing throughout London. Give them a go and let us know how you get on! Here’s to a delicious and healthy 2015 to all of us.
My Mum’s from the Philippines, so I had an awesome childhood eating some delicious food from there. Below is a recipe for one of my favourite dishes (I’ve adapted it from this recipe), which is a signature dish of the Philippines. Hearty and tangy, it’s just perfect served with a side of bean sprouts, carrots and fluffy rice.
- 700g pork belly, chopped (Make sure there’s a bit of fat on the meat to prevent it drying out)
- 700g lbs chicken thighs & legs
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorn
- 1 head garlic, slightly crushed
- 6 tablespoons vinegar (white or sugar cane)
- 250ml soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine pork, chicken, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic in a pot. Leave 3 cloves aside and cover the pot. Leave for 30 minutes to marinate.
- In a pan add the oil and mince the left over garlic. Fry until fragrant and then brown the chicken and pork.
- Add the meat and garlic back to the pot along with all the other ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Reduce the sauce down until thickened slightly and serve immediately.
← Older Post
Newer Post →