Hubbub Catering Ltd – Sustainable Food Policy
Hubbub Catering is committed to sustainable development and recognizes its responsibility to carry out procurement activities in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. We strive to incorporate environmental and social considerations into our product and service selection process. We recognize that it is our responsibility to encourage our suppliers and contractors to minimize the negative environmental and social effects associated with the products and services they provide. We will also strive to ensure local and smaller suppliers are not discriminated against in the procurement process and specifications and that they are encouraged to participate in any opportunities.
Our definition of sustainable food is to –
- Contribute to thriving local economies and sustainable livelihoods
- Protect the diversity of both plants and animals and avoid damaging natural resources and contributing to climate change
- Provide social benefits, such as good quality food, safe and healthy products, and educational opportunities
Hubbub Catering aspires to support and work towards achieving the basis of this definition in its food production, processing, trading, and related procurement activities.
Hubbub Catering aims to provide a choice of food options for our clients including healthy and sustainable food irrespective of their dietary, cultural, or religious backgrounds.
The criteria we set are as follows –
Fruit & Vegetables
- We ensure that all our menus reflect the seasons in terms of their fresh fruit and vegetable content. Food in season is by its nature fresher with a significantly lower carbon footprint.
- Fresh fruit is available on all our menus and daily, where possible seasonal fruit will always be stocked in preference to out-of-season fruit.
Meat & Dairy
- Only British free-range eggs are used in our menus
- All chicken is sourced from poultry farms in Norfolk and Red Tractor Farm is assured.
- Meat is purchased from Wells Farm in Kent, which has various accreditations and full traceability of meat sourced from local suppliers